Today has been a bit give or take. I was going to color more comic pages, and I realized I left the hard drive in the glove department of my car. My car is in the shop getting some work done. Ooops. So, it’s other work today. That’s OK–I’ve got plenty to do.
1) I fell off a ladder at work, fell about 10′ feet and dislocated my left shoulder, cut my flank, bruised myself up pretty good, and (worst) bruised my ribs on the left side. Ouch. I was able to get my left arm to pop back into socket, luckily.
(Yes, I am very clumsy. I have to slow down and take things more careful.)
2) Getting my car worked on is a real financial hit. Ouch. Hurts more than the dislocated shoulder.
3) I am working very hard in the free time I have to finish up all my current creative projects. I am feeling a powerful urge to begin a new project, but I am holding off until I can get the other stuff off the table. It’s frustrating, but . . .
4) I really miss drawing comics. Miss it bad. But, unless things change around here I just don’t have the time to devote to it anymore. It urks me to know my skills are going stale and my self-esteem about it is dripping away, but we only get one life to live and I’m doing the most I can right now. We’ll see what the future holds.
5) Blah blah blah. My spirits could use a booster. I’m going outside in a minute to work on the house, so maybe the sun and it’s vitamin D rays will help raise my mood.
Today, I re-uploaded “Johnny Saturn Unlimited” no.’s 12 through 17 to Comixology. The first time I did them I processed the PDFs wrong, it appears. I’ll let you know when these issues go on sale. I like Comixology comics for the guided view technology they provide.
Next up, the print version of “City of the Broken Gate.” I’ve got some black n’ white interior illustrations to make, and a spine and back cover.
Then, “Spire City Noir” no. 1. I have the art half colored at this point.
After that, I’m going to package the Kindle and Comixology versions of our three graphic novels, “Johnny Saturn: Synns of the Father,” “Johnny Saturn: Homeland Insecurity,” and “Johnny Saturn: Intelligent Redesign.”
I wish I had been able to do all this as I went along, but for years I was trapped in “keeping the webcomic updated” spiral. It’s a great relief to have put that behind me.
Hello, Facebook Peeps!
I’ve got Johnny Saturn Unlimited issue 12 uploaded to Comixology. Yes, you can already buy it at Drivethrue and other places, but Comixology has so many hoops to jump through. This is the year that I get all my comics finished and for sale everywhere.
Steven Doty and I are hard at work on Spire City Noir no 2 and 3, and I’m making good progress on finishing up Spire City Noir no. 1 drawn by Les Garner.
Now that City of the Broken Gate is out on Kindle, I’m taking a break from writing to finish up comics. It’s just a shame that my ambitions can be greater than my time or resources. I suppose that puts me in the same boat with everyone else, eh?
Here’s the short list of my current publishing projects:
“City of the Broken Gate”
“Spire City Noir”
“Spire City Noir Anthology”
“Spire City/Johnny Saturn Series Bible”
“Johnny Saturn No 18”
“Johnny Saturn Planar Eclipse”
“Medieval Book of Lists”
“Name of the Shadow”
One of these days I’ll be caught up and I won’t know what to do with myself.
As a little bonus (?), here’s me playing guitar and looking serious:
SUPERHEROES VS. ANCIENT ALIENS!
They say knowledge is power, but for superheroes Johnny Saturn and Staff of Life knowledge is danger.
An ancient technology has re-emerged, one so powerful it could save the world . . . or destroy it!
One disaster after another has ravaged Spire City, but no one expected it was because the city itself was malfunctioning. Spire City is a danger magnet run amok, but now Johnny Saturn and Staff of Life might have the tools to change that. They have to figure out how to use this primordial alien tech before anyone else does . . . but they have competition. The power-mad Tara Wissenschaft is way ahead of them, and she and her multinational corporation plan to suppress this secret knowledge forever.
Spire City might be the city of the broken gate, but these superheroes are the mechanics!
From invisible robots to underground caverns, to broken heroes and old flames, City of the Broken Gate is a must-read metahuman conspiracy thriller for superhero aficionados everywhere!
ABOUT THIS SERIES
You just cannot explain away life’s enduring mysteries. They shrug off all debunking attempts and are resurrected again for every new generation to ponder and debate. But, what if you could get to the objective truth? Enter Johnny Saturn, the hero who died and came back. For him, the great mysteries are open, and definitive explanations are within his reach.
Spire City Noir is like the X-Files vs. Superman, or Spider-Man vs. Stargate SG1.
Groups, Teams, and Faction
Collective of Champions
Nine Screaming Men
Spire City Police Department
San Andreas Sentinel
International Society of Metahumans
Vigilante Association of America
- Pre-War in Heaven
- Staff of Life
- Madame Fishnet
- Post War in Heaven
- Staff of Life
- Post DHS Takeover
- Post Private Sector
- Staff of Life
- Vox Malaise
- Ventilator Angel
- Foot Soldiers
- En Camera
The Iron Brigade
- Alaric the Axe/the Hammer
- Foot Soldiers/Sergeants
- En Camera
The Star Cabal